LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB DRIVER FOR IMAQ

m4rk wrote:

Hi Brad,

could you please tell me what else is wrong. I am using a Sony EVI-D100P cam and it is DirectShow compatible. With VLC Player it works fine but only not with LabView.

There could be many reasons. Bad installation of the USB Webcam driver, of LabVIEW, of the IMAQ Vision software or simply an incompatibility between the Sony DirectX driver and the USB Webcam interface. The USB Webcam driver was an independant project of some NI developer most probably written in his spare time. As such it has had limited testing, and little resources for improvements and bug fixes. Because of that there was specifically mentioned that it is unsupported in any way by NI.

What you can try is to use a different type of webcam for now. If that works then the Sony driver obviously is not compatible with USB Webcam driver. If this also doesn't work you have likely an installation problem with your software. You could even try to install a virtual webcam software instead of a real webcam for those tests. That is at least something others can test too. Chances that someone here has exactly the same webcam as yours and is trying to use it with the USB Webcam interface are rather small, considering the thousends of webcam types nowadays out there and how you sometimes get them <irony> as giveaway with a candy bar </irony>.

Rolf Kalbermatter

Message Edited by rolfk on 07-14-2009 11:01 AM
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 191 of 197
(2,148 Views)

Hi Brad

Some problem about USB Camera.

My OS is simplified Chinese Pro SP3. And I have download the dll file which can fix simplified Chinese Pro SP2, but it can not work on my PC。

Then I used your test dll, a error message showed up。The string is “0.u.t” which contain in the attach。

My labview environment:

Labview 8.2 
- Vision Development Module8.2
- NI Vision Acquisition Software 8.2

- Vision Assistant 8.2.
And  have installed ni_imaq_usb_installer_86.exe

Looking forward to get the patch.

Thank you very much,
Eden_li

0 Kudos
Message 192 of 197
(1,829 Views)

NI has released a new version of IMAQ software called IMAQdx which contains support for USB cameras out of the box. But I'm not sure this version of the driver supports LabVIEW 8.2. But given that USB for IMAQ was unsupported software, that is your best bet. I doubt NI will spend more time with the USB for IMAQ driver at all, with a full functioning driver software suite released that includes USB support.

Besides the possible need to upgrade your LabVIEW version their is one more snag as IMAQdx does require runtime licenses to work so this can get a bit of a problem if you want to distribute your application.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 193 of 197
(1,817 Views)

Thanks for your advise.

Unfortunately NI-IMAQdx 3.4 support for Labview 2009 not for Labview 8.2.

I have installed the latest driver,but it can't work.

Dose anybody know how to solve this problem?

I can't Update labview to 2009.

Thanks

Eden_Li 

0 Kudos
Message 194 of 197
(1,808 Views)

Hello Brad.

I am using LabView at the Technical University. There's OS Windows 7 64-bit (Polish version) and LabView 2011. Are library written for XP should work on the above parametersI know that the library works on XP 32-bit and Vista 32-bit, but Windows 7 can not handle USB camera.

Kamil Mikowski

0 Kudos
Message 195 of 197
(1,515 Views)

We are not doing anything with the old USB only driver, so I assume you are asking about the IMAQdx driver support for USB cameras on Windows 7 Polish. If so, IMAQdx will support your camera if the camera comes with Windows 7 DirectShow driver support. For USB cameras, the IMAQdx driver calls into the manufacturers DirectShow driver. If this DirectShow Driver can be installed on Windows 7, then IMAQdx can call into it and use your camera.

If you asking about the old USB only driver, we are not updating this anymore due to all the limitations with it and the fact that IMAQdx works much better.

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks,

Brad 

0 Kudos
Message 196 of 197
(1,508 Views)

Ha ha, I'm going to be

0 Kudos
Message 197 of 197
(1,359 Views)