LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Camera and Low level VIs

Hello all,

I am beginner in LabView and I am seeking help for the following:

I need to adapt a vi using a regular (analog) camera so to start using a USB camera instead. When I viewed the block diagram (which is really complicated for me) I noticed that the original programmer used the low level IMAQ VI's (e.g. IMAQ intil.vi and IMAQ configure Buffer.vi) to communicate, control and acquire images from the camera. Now, I am really confused, does these VIs work with all cameras? If not can I replace them with the IMAQ USB VIs'? How would this affect the other VIs that depends on the out come of the replaced ones? Finally, I would be glad if anyone can point out things to read so to acquire more knowledge about this subject?

I know I asked much but really I want to learn these things as fast as possible

Best Regards

Mohammed
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,655 Views)
Hi Mohammed,

before I can tell you more about your VI it would be very helpful to have a look into. So could you please send me your VI or if it is an LV example tell me which one it is?

Regards
TomBaum
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,621 Views)

Hello TomBaum,

First, thanks for responding, really appreciate it.

Sorry that I cant send the Vi itself yet I have attached a picture of the part that I want to modify (red rectangle).
All I want to do is using USB camera instead of the one used now! so does these  low level VIs work with the USB camera
or I should use the USB camera VIs which will mean that i will end up with many broken wires since low-level VIs has
different number on inputs that the USB camera VIs

Hope this can give you an idea.

P.S. in case you will wonder about the sequence structure; it is  only the camera setting that I am interested and it is the one shown in the
structure
All the broken wires in the picture are going into a very larg while loop with many other VIs.
Regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,608 Views)
Hi,

You can use the USB device instead of the other camera, but you have to install the USB camera driver before. You can download it here. Then you must replace all the IMAQ VIs by the USB devices and that's it.

Good luck,

TomBaum
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,600 Views)