LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-8476

I have an NI 8476 USB to serial LIN connector.  After installing the driver which had no issues, I tried to run a Labview executable file which controls a small motor.  I received an error that noted an internal driver error.  The error specified for me to send the attached file to NI Tech Support.  The laptop that I am using is an HP with Windows 7 on it.  I have had no problem running it on another Laptop (a Dell) which also has Windows 7 on it.  Is there a newer driver that will correct this issue? --Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,801 Views)

Hi Jean

Welcome to the forums.

From the file you've included it looks like you're running NI CAN 2.6.2, the helpfile for which I found here.

It specifies that the Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit) is the latest release which is officially supported therefore it's behavior on Windows 7 can't be guaranteed.

Please try updating to the latest version of NI CAN from here.

Kind Regards

Chris | Applications Engineer NIUK
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,776 Views)

Thanks for the reply, Chris.  I updated to the latest version and it gave an internal driver error again.  Same result.  Anything else that I can try?  Thx

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,734 Views)

Hi jean70,

Go ahead and try the steps in the KB here:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/25A1726C45E10F48862568F700715733?OpenDocument

Let me know if resetting or running an example program, if you are able to, changes anything. Can you also attach the updated nicanErr.txt after updating the driver?

DylanC

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,718 Views)