LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-8451 Signal Mapping Issue

Solved!
Go to solution

I recently bought a used  USB-8451 to try some Labview SPI/I2C development. I found that when I create a simple Write VI and look at the signals on a PC based logic analyzer I see that the SCLK and MOSI lines are reversed. I verified that I have the correct connections going to the analyzer and confirmed the pins are correct in the 8451 user manual. Has anyone else found this? I have attached screen captures of my VI and Logic Analyzer. I tried the 8451 examples and the result is the same, the SCLK appears on the MOSI line. I don't think this would be a real big issue for what I want to do, but I find it strange. Am I missing something?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,275 Views)

Hi ashrek,

I know you double checked all of the connections, but just to triple check, which pins are you connecting to on the 8451 and the analyzer?

Catherine B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,235 Views)

Hi Catherine,

I am connecting to 14(mosi),15(MISO),16(SCLK).

Andrew

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,225 Views)

Hi ashrek,

What about on the Logic Analyzer side? How are you connecting them to the Logic Analyzer? It looks like the Logic Analyzer supports SPI; are you using any SPI specific settings in the software? I am not familiar with the Logic Analyzer, but it seems like you can read any signal, or you can set it up to use SPI or another protocol. Is that the case?

Catherine B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 4 of 5
(2,207 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ashrek

Catherine,

I figured out the problme. After changing to a faster USB port and for the analyzer and increasing the sample rate I was able to get the SCLK to appear correctly. I can say this problem is resolved,

Thanks

Andrew

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,174 Views)