From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-6211: Analog Input (Differential Measurements)

Greetings,

I used the USB-6211 Analog Input pin to measure the voltage of the laser. The setup is the same as attached picture. Basically, the light will project into the amplified detector (PDA100A2) and direct to the dedicated power supply. Then, the output is connected to the Analog Input pin of the USB-6211. 

The main question is when I run the test panel or task inside the NI MAX in differential mode, why is the measurements or value keep increasing until one point/value around 10.9 V and then it become constant graph and stay at the 10.9 V value? The correct way of doing this measurements is by using the RSE mode since I just only use single ended input not the differential (Already tested and obtained correct result). I just want to know, what makes the voltage kept increase until one point and it stay at that point forever. 

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(830 Views)

Please share the connections made when you used Differential mode, I guess you've made incorrect connections and hence the measurement was drifting and saturated.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(816 Views)

This kind of behaviour is similar what happens when amplifiers missing bias-resistors. Google "bias resistors".

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(797 Views)