LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB 6210 Labview Help

So I modified the Voltage –Continuous Input Example VI to work with two single axis accelerometers

(ADXL193 and USB6210). I am able to get live data (voltage of accelerometer, 8 mv/g sensitivity) as seen

in the chart below. However, I am trying to do a couple of things. I would like to convert the graph’s y-
axes (amplitude (voltage)) into number of g’s as it is running. Then I want to get the max values. I would

finally like to save all the data acquired to a spreadsheet, where I have time vs amplitude. My question

is: how do I accomplish this? Attached is my VI depicting what I tried to do?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,524 Views)

Post you code. All you attached is a MS Word document.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,481 Views)

@mikeporter wrote:

Post you code. All you attached is a MS Word document.

Mike...

He wants us to modify an example VI for him hence no code.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,474 Views)

Sorry guys I forgot to add the code. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,468 Views)

You have most of what you want to do is already included in your code. 

Scaling of the Waveforms is possible simply by passing the waveform through a divide, or using NI-MAX you could create a custom scale that would do the scaling for you and apply the units. 

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/3F6558112FD2C776862575B5004F7F87

When you say write to a spreadsheet are you talking about writing the Waveform or just the peaks?

You already have the set-up to generate an array of the peaks as well, is this an updated version of your code since you posed the question or what?

Message 5 of 8
(2,447 Views)

Ogk.nz,

Yes this is the updated version of my code but I'm basically I'm trying to send all the data gathered from testing to excel. Ultimately converting the data to acceleration which in turn would be outputted to excel. Thanks for your help ogk.nz!!!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,436 Views)

If you set up a custom scale in MAX as indicated in my above link, then apply it by wiring up the "custom scale name" input on the DAQmx Create channel it should take care of all the scaling and factors for you. For logging you can use your current method, I would recommend appending the waveforms and moving the write outside of the while loop to improve performance.

Message 7 of 8
(2,431 Views)

THanks Ogk.nz Ill try this out and let you know how it turns out!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,427 Views)