From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-6001 output voltage does not go above 0.8V

Hi all,

I just  received my NI 6001 and wired the connections to send output analog signal to a pressure regulator and receive input signals from the pressure sensor simultaneously. Labview 2018, DAQ driver 18.0

The issue is that although I control the output voltage to be 5V, the actual voltage does not go above 0.8, however between 0 and 0.8 it works correctly. I set the I/O voltage range 0-10V using DAQassistant which is according to the specifications of the pressure regulator. 

Can you please help me? many thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 28
(2,939 Views)

Please include a Snippet of your code, or attach your VIs, so that we can better assist you.

Also, you may need to supply a picture of how you have it wired. How are you measuring the 0.8? Is it from AO1 or AO2 to AO Gnd?

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

Message 2 of 28
(2,934 Views)

Hi sorosham,

how much current draws your pressure regulator? Is it beyond the specs of the USB6001?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 3 of 28
(2,900 Views)

Thanks for you reply. 

I attached a photo from wiring and also the Snippet. 

I measured 0.8 by reading the feedback signal (wires black and orange), and also directly measring by multimeter.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 28
(2,896 Views)

Thanks for your response. When I make no change to the output signal it shows 0.13A, and when I change the output signal it goes up to 0.15A,

I could not find the nominal range of 6001 current, unfortunately.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 28
(2,894 Views)

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/374369a.pdf  Page 2.  Output current is limited to 5 mA.  I don't see how you can possibly be getting to 130 or 150 mA.

So what is the resistance of the circuit you connected to the analog outputs?  If the resistance is too low it won't be able to source enough current to have it maintain a 5V output level.

Read the specs for your pressure regulator.  Attach them as a PDF to this message thread if you need to.

Message 6 of 28
(2,885 Views)

Thanks for the response. Maybe the wires I used have very low resistance?

Pressure regulator datasheet is attached below: 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 28
(2,879 Views)

Wires generally should have low resistance.  It is not that.

The spec sheet says it has an input impedance of 100 kilo-ohms.  So a 5 VDC output should only draw about 0.05 mA.  So that shouldn't be a problem.

I would check to make sure you have it wired up correctly.  Check to see if you have any shorts.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 28
(2,867 Views)

Thank you, 

I reported the 0.13A from the power, as it's in the picture. I guess the wiring should be fine, however the way I attached wires were just by winding, this might have caused loose connection?

Best regards, 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 28
(2,862 Views)

That picture shows a power supply and the 6001.  Where is the pressure regulator?

And that .13A is the output of the power supply.  It is not the current coming out of the analog output.

Show a picture of the actual wiring diagram, not just a picture of a bunch of wires.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 28
(2,851 Views)