LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI Progress Ring

Hi. I'm just wondering if anyone has come across progress ring desings in labview, similar to the attached imiges. I haven't yet decided on a design, but I'm just cecking to see if there are any allready available designs. 

Thanks

Kas

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(5,649 Views)

Yes you can go for it. Similar can be done in labview.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(5,647 Views)

Have you come across of some ready made examples in Labview? It'll help me see how they were implemented and make it easier for me to design/change them for my use.

kas

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(5,637 Views)

I had implemented this before for displaying my download but unfortunately I dont have access to that VI anymore. I will implement and give you. May take some time.

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(5,630 Views)

Thanks Ranjeet, that would be of great help.

Thanks

Kas

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(5,628 Views)

My first stab at such a control.

Actually I do not think it looks all that bad Smiley Tongue

2013-08-28 12_18_19-Untitled 1 Front Panel _.png

Message 6 of 12
(5,576 Views)

That's really good Don. Thanks. 

Some good looking Glossy white-ish for the center and that would be quite close. 

Is there a way of embeding the fill route i.e. the part that fills up as the prgress goes. Effectively I'm trying to emitate (look wise) the attached image as much as I can. 

The attached image has a nice glossy-white centre with a tiny shadow comming around it. This can simply be done by placing a similar looking png image in the centre to mimic this effect.

The embeded ring however is something that I can't think of a way of mimiking, perhaps another empty looking png that would only have a thin circle wall with shadow at the top and empty in the middle and be placed around the whole control? (I'll have to go through tutorials in google on how to do this in photoshop  Smiley Sad).

And lastly, is there a way of allowing just the glossy part of the centre image go over the % indicator. i.e. the indicator will be in the midle and will be big and bold style, so having the same glossy effect on the transparent indicator would look better. 

Anyhow, the difficult (functionality wise) is more-or-less done (Thanks Don). I'm just curious for its cosmetics, how close to perfect can it be pushed. 

Thanks again Don, much appriciated. 

Kas

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(5,556 Views)

This is as close as I can get to that specific control...

Hope this is close enough !! Smiley Happy

2013-08-29 09_14_14-Untitled 1.png

Message 8 of 12
(5,527 Views)

Could you show me how to customize the scale part of the gauge?

I would like to remove the marker spacing but when I open your control, it is a mess like this. Please help me.

anhduy92_0-1590467382912.png

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,058 Views)

Hi,

Right click on the control>Properties>Scale>Maximum>write something like 5.

The "mess" is the markers and values which are displayed during customization.

What do you mean by marker spacing ? What do you want to achieve ?

Yddet

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(4,033 Views)