LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UDP receiver and sender executable not working

Hi All,

I have two very simple VI's one is a sender and the other the receiver. They use User Data-Gram protocol to send string over the network. When I run both of the VI's in the full development system Lab View they work perfectly. Once I  build the executable for both of them, the executable does not work at all.

I try this solution from Lab View : https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019Qh3SAE&l=en-US

But still they do not work.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,743 Views)

DataSocket is a higher layer protocol than UDP, so that solution is not related to your problem.

Post your code and please specify if you are running programs from two different computers or not. If so, did you configure the firewall in the receiver PC to accept incoming messages at the choosen UDP port?

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,684 Views)

So the Sender is on one computer and the Receiver is on another computer. Like if you run both of VI's in the actual LabVIEW it works perfect. But once I build the executable, they do not work. The code is pretty simple open send and close UDP sockets. I'm just sending hello string across the computers.

The firewall is off in the receiver PC.

Thanks,

Luis.

Message 3 of 3
(1,666 Views)