LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UDP data transfer between RT desktop and host computer

Hi there

Im trying to establish a simple UDP connection to transfer data between a LabVIEW Real-time desktop and the host computer. For some reason this won't work, and i really can't seem to find the problem.

- The VI's can send data, if i move the read/write to the same computer.

- The computers are connected by ethernet TCP/IPv4.

- Pinging works fine, so there is an established connection.

Hope someone can help me out and thank you for your time

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,167 Views)

Are the machines connected directly, or over a simple switch/hub, or a corporate network?

Does the machine have a firewall that could be blocking the port?

0xDEAD

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,158 Views)

The machines are connected over a switch and the domain networks firewall has been turned off.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,145 Views)

Is there any firewall/antivirus package on the host PC?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,135 Views)

Not that im aware of, no 

@deceased wrote:

Is there any firewall/antivirus package on the host PC?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,127 Views)

Did you check for any error output from the UDP functions?

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,118 Views)

@pincpanter wrote:

Did you check for any error output from the UDP functions?

The read VI returns Error 56 after 25 seconds, which is the standard timeout time.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,101 Views)

Don't forget Windows ships with Windows Firewall built in. It may be getting blocked there.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,095 Views)

Hello Rahca!

So, 192.168.220.3 is your host PC? Which IP does the RT one have? UDPWrite2.vi is executed on the RT, the other vi on the Receiver?

Please verify that UDP port 4100 is allowed on your receiver PC for incoming connections (Windows Firewall).

I noticed that your UDP code is inside a timed loop in both VIs. I have no idea if the UDP code could work like this, at least it's not intended. You set them to execute 100x per second, however have a timeout of 25s; network traffic is unlikely to be deterministic, don't place the UDP nodes in a deterministic loop.

Ingo – LabVIEW 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, NXG 2.0, 2.1, 3.0
CLADMSD
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,086 Views)

So, 192.168.220.3 is your host PC? Which IP does the RT one have? UDPWrite2.vi is executed on the RT, the other vi on the Receiver?

Yes UDPwrite is executed on RT and UDPread is on host. RT has the IP 192.168.220.2.

I noticed that your UDP code is inside a timed loop in both VIs. I have no idea if the UDP code could work like this, at least it's not intended. You set them to execute 100x per second, however have a timeout of 25s; network traffic is unlikely to be deterministic, don't place the UDP nodes in a deterministic loop.

I just tried the ''Simple UDP'' sender/receiver VI from the examples menu, and they won't send data aswell.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,080 Views)