LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UDP VOICE COMMUNICATION USING MIC AND SPEAKER

i am trying to send voice through mic in server vi and receive the voice through speaker on client side using udp protocol. I have done it with tcp and its working fine but when i am replacing tcp with udp its not working. Can anyone help me in this regard .

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,582 Views)

Go back and compare with the TCP solution, which you say works. (can you attach it too?)

There are many questionable things, but the only data the server ever sends out is the size of the string. You are never sending the actual audio data. (for example why do you concatenate the left and right channel but don't separate them on the receiving end?)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,558 Views)

I have compared it with tcp but still its not working. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,538 Views)

here are my vi,s for tcp

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,535 Views)

You did not just replace TCP with UDP, you are also leaving out of lot of functionality. For example:

With TCP, you are sending the size and the data, with UDP, you are only sending the size, nothing else.

With TCP, you are reading the size and then the data, with UDP you are only reading once.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,486 Views)

When i am writing at udp for the second time i get an error 113. 

@altenbach wrote:

You did not just replace TCP with UDP, you are also leaving out of lot of functionality. For example:

With TCP, you are sending the size and the data, with UDP, you are only sending the size, nothing else.

With TCP, you are reading the size and then the data, with UDP you are only reading once.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,474 Views)

@rameez_3109 wrote:

When i am writing at udp for the second time i get an error 113.  

That should be a strong clue.

LabVIEW: (Hex 0x71) A message sent on a datagram socket was larger than the internal message buffer or some other network limit, or the buffer used to receive a datagram was smaller than the datagram itself.

Remove the wait in the loop and send fewer samples at the same time. in the receiver, you should also remove the wait, because the loop rate should be determined by the data arrival rate.

Since you are dealing with stereo incorrectly at the receiver anyway, maybe monaural would be sufficient.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,433 Views)

Hi Rameez still ur struggling with issue?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(1,586 Views)