LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Typedef sent as values per index or name?

@drjdpowell wrote:

That's rather a weakness of the LabVIEW XML format.  Including names, but then ignoring them and only going by order, is confusing at best.

I could see the argument that just including the values in the XML and not the names, makes for some hard to read XML.  If the goal is for data transmission and mutation, then sure, if the names aren't used why have it in there?  But if the goal is to turn an arbitrary data type into something semi human readable, then having the labels is just as important as the data.  But to be fair even if you have two clusters with the same data types, and different names, you can wire them together, there just will be a coersion dot indicating a change, and that could be what is going on here.  Maybe the names are used, but if they are different the program just continues anyway.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(820 Views)

I could see the argument that just including the values in the XML and not the names, makes for some hard to read XML. 

There's easy-to-read XML?

BTW, the OP said his transmitted data was only three bytes, so I don't think they are actually using XML.  Flattened data definately doesn't carry names, and you need to know it's exact format (thus it is not confusing, though not readable).

Message 12 of 12
(814 Views)