From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Type not supported error

hi,

I am trying to read a photodetector signal using FPGA. I am attaching the program I made. In that, I am not able to run the program. In I16 representation I am able to see the chart representation of the data but in fixed point, I am not able to see it. How can I fix it?

Regards, 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,226 Views)

Hi basimss,

there is no monitor attached to your FPGA, so it cannot show a frontpanel with charts…

Get rid of the charts and transfer the data to your host VI!

(Using charts in the FPGA is only for debugging. When debugging part of the code runs in the host and LabVIEW manages the data transfer on its own.)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,214 Views)

hi,

I want to see the analog input voltage as same as that of a real oscilloscope. I can see that in the host vi when analog input is in I16 representation but the Y-axis values are I16 range. So I converted the I16 to FXP with y-axis representing 16 as 10 volt and -16 as -10v. But this time I am not able to see it.  How can I fix it? Attaching the target vi and host vi.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,179 Views)

Hi basimss,

I want to see the analog input voltage as same as that of a real oscilloscope.

So you want to measure some voltage signals and wnat to plot them in a graph…

I can see that in the host vi when analog input is in I16 representation but the Y-axis values are I16 range.

Your host VI is quite empty, there is no "analog input" and no graph…

So I converted the I16 to FXP with y-axis representing 16 as 10 volt and -16 as -10v.

Where did you do that?

How can I fix it?

Use FXP values in the FPGA. It's senseless to write FXP values from your AI module to some I16 indicators!

How do you transfers your samples to your host? You read them with a samplerate of 1kHz in the FPGA…

Attaching the target vi and host vi.

Host VI is (nearly) empty and the lvproj file is missing…

(Just ZIP your project folder!)

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,177 Views)

hi, 

I am sending the project file. Open analog input in target vi and hostvi in host.

regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,172 Views)

Hi basimss,

this project file is empty.

There is no FPGA definition and no RT host definition. Also your VIs aren't included in the project tree…

I really recommend to take the LabVIEW basics as offered in the Training section in the header of this LabVIEW board!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,168 Views)