LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Type Cast FieldPoint I/O Strangeness

I just discovered a strange bug I can't seem to fix.  I have a bunch of strings that I am trying to type cast into FieldPoint addresses.  Often, an upper case A
 is typed to a lower case a, which is not the correct channel, so I can't use the address.  I'll attach the VI, there's not much to it.  Can anyone tell me why this is, or suggest a work around?

Thanks,
Benjamin
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,194 Views)

Benjamin,

It seems to work on my machine.  Tried a bunch of weird nonsense strings.  Uppercase and lower case.  Any chance you have "\" codes display on?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,185 Views)
So I tried a bunch of different things to get the address right.  If I put a constant on the block diagram, the right address showed up in the drop down list, but when I selected it, it displayed as "all" instead of "All".  I tried dragging the address from the project, same story, it said "All" in the project, but "all" when I put it on the block diagram.  Not every channel had this behavoir though.  I have an AO-200 in the same back plane, it worked fine.  I ended up just going into MAX, and changing the name "All" to "0-7", or however many channels I had on that module as a work around, which seems to work.  It would still be interesting to find out what caused it.

~Benjamin
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,173 Views)