LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Counter channels in one task ID with DAQmx?

I am writing a program which will control the movement of a gimble on the X and Y axis with servo motors while recieving
position feed back from two encoders on those axis. I am using a 6251M series card's AO to control the movement
of the gimble, while running the encoders into a 6602 for position. When setting up my task ID in MAX I noticed I could add
both ctr0 and ctr1 to the task ID, but  when I tried read the counters with that task I got an error in Labview and with the
test function in MAX  saying I need to use a multichannel read. I can not find a multichannel read under the counter
section of my DAQmx read, and was wondering if this is even possible. I am used to programming with Traditional DAQ
and know you have to keep separate counter task ID's, but having bought an M series card and having to use DAQmx I
was wanting to know if I could combine them.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,403 Views)
You can have multiple channels in a single task, but those channels all have to be of the same type.  You can have analog inputs together with other analog inputs, but cannot combine digital inputs/outputs, analog outputs or counter tasks with that analog input task.

Once you pair only like tasks together then you shouldn't run into any more issues like this.

Best of luck,
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,389 Views)