From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two 9239s in one cRIO chassis

Hi all!

I have a cRIO chassis. It is NOT in Scan Mode; I am writing custom a FPGA VI.

It used to have one 9239 in it, and that worked great. I have since added a second 9239. And now I get no data from either.

I expect that it has something to do with the timebases and/or Start/Stop of the modules. I am assuming that if I link one to the other's timebase that I only have to Start the one? And do I have to keep them in one loop? Or does that not work?

These are the type of questions that I am dealing with by trial and error (and compilation wait times) So if you've got some experience and want a kudo, please help me out.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,974 Views)

Hi,

Don't worry, you do not need to promise kudos to get help Smiley Very Happy

Did you try your first program (1 module used) with both modules? Maybe one is damaged.

Then, have you tried your second program with letting only one module plugged in the chassis?

If I'm right, both modules can run totally independant, and you don't need to synchronize clocks or whatever to have them working. (but you can if it's the behavior you need)

Just start the module at the beginning of a sequence, then read inputs in a loop (without timing VI). Think about setting the Rate before starting.

Hope this helps

Olivier L. | Certified LabVIEW Developer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,968 Views)