LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to Async-Call a reentrant VI into multiple subpanels - front panels dont show input data or update..

Solved!
Go to solution

I did find this thread in a search, but it's from 2011-

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Running-vi-in-multiple-subpanels/td-p/1740248

What makes my situation a bit different is that I'd like to use the async call since I need to pass data (user event for messaging and a string) to the reentrant vi's when they are launched...

I tried to insert the vi's into the subpanel before running and after, but neither results in the front panels of the sub-panel'ed vi's showing updated info, and when I click on something, the top level vi locks up.

I dumbed it down to some vi's im attaching saved for prev version in LV2015..

obviously this demo vi pair was made with great haste... a second glance at the screenshot and I didnt even realize that I left the callee subvi open, which may be why the main vi only loaded two - and I re-ran it with the error of the insert vi's wired up to make sure that things were happening with the intended dataflow.

Thanks for reading!

p27_0-1651496285110.png

EDIT:  realized the third insert vi node is linked to the 2nd subpanel not the third 🙄

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(745 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author p27

getting the vi ref with option 0x80 solved the issue....

Message 2 of 3
(712 Views)

Sometimes punching up some sandbox code helps a lot.  Don't forget that the shipping examples are also a great resource.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(700 Views)