LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Truncated string & numeric constants using Save For Previous

I have saved LabView 6.02 VIs as LabView 5 VIs using the Save For Previous (5.0) option in Save with Options. Some of the VIs that contain string and numeric constant have been truncated by the conversion (opened with LV 5.1). The actual original constant value is still correct, but the appearance of the constant on the block diagram is truncated. For example, a numeric constant value of 1234, once saved as LabView 5.0, now appears as 1! It is quite confusing. To get the original number back, you must stretch the numeric box.

This is a little frustrating when I have to wade through a VI hierachy of >400 looking for these.

Anyone else seen something like this? Any ideas?

Most appreciated.
Paul
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,122 Views)
I haven't seen this one before. I tried to replicate your problem on my machine without much success. Do you have a small vi that reliably replicates your issue? If you do, I'd be glad to take a look at it for you. Just attach the 6.0.2 version of the vi and the 5.0 version.

Also you might check out this URL:
http://exchange.ni.com/servlet/ProcessRequest?RHIVEID=101&RNAME=ViewQuestion&HOID=50650000000800000014300000&ECategory=LabVIEW.LabVIEW+General
It doesn't seem to be your exact problem, but it might help out.

Matt Kisler
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,122 Views)
Most probably the application font is different on the two versions of LabVIEW you use. I see this kind of feature when opening a VI from someone else using a different font than mine.

LabVIEW, C'est LabVIEW

Message 3 of 3
(2,122 Views)