LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with building executable. reporting"resource not found" error

Hi Folks:

I am trying hard to build an exe from a LabView VI as attached. However, it keeps reporting "resource not found" error. It seems that it is having trouble calling the .dll or subVI files. However, I have no idea how to make it work? 

Please help or give me suggestions?

Many Thanks

Shuo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,148 Views)

My guess is that you did not start the Project by saying "Create Project".  This should be the first thing you do, before you create any VIs, or place any API folders.  Here's what I did:

1. I started with your folder "ABF Reader", containing Read ABF File and a folder, API.
  2. Opened LabVIEW, clicked "Create Project", Blank Project.  Got "Untitled Project 1".
  3. Right-clicked Project name, chose Save As, found folder ABF Reader, and used name PROJECT ABF Reader.  [I find it useful to distinguish Project files, so I prefix them with PROJECT].
  4. I right-click "My Computer" in Project Explorer, Add Folder (Snapshot), and find the ABF Reader folder (it should already be there).  I choose Current Folder, and ignore the "duplicate Project Name" error.
  5. I expand the Project, and open the Build Specification.  I name the Build Spec and the Target Filename "Read ABF".  In the Source File specification, I choose "Read ABF File" as the Startup VI, then click Build.
  6. It builds without error.

I can't test this, but you should be able to duplicate these steps and see if it will read your data.  It will, at least, build.

Bob Schor

P.S. -- there are other ways to start creating Projects, but this is probably the simplest ...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,100 Views)