LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering function

Good afternoon!

I'm completely new using LabView.

For my experiments, I'm using LabView with 16 channels to measure pore pressure and MetFlow with UVP probes.

There is an "triggering" entry on the box from the UVP's and I want to connect this to the DAQ.

What do I have to add in the circuit in LabView to trigger everything, the transducers and UVP's?

Thanks in advance!

Timmer

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,850 Views)

Hey Timmer,

Do you mind posting a quick screen cap and maybe a link to your devices' datasheets? It would make it easier to answer your question if we had something to look at.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,818 Views)

I'm looking for a triggering digital output. I only find triggering input.

I'm using the DAQ USB-6218.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,793 Views)

Hi J.,

you were asked for a datasheet of your "UVP probe box with triggering entry"! (In this datasheet/manual you will find the specs for the expected trigger signal - some devices need 12V signals instead of (LV)TTL…)

Wildly guessing: connect a DO of your USB6218 to this trigger input at the UVP box!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,787 Views)

First we need to know what is the trigger in your case. Usually it is a TTL falling/rising edge, but can be something else.

Without more information (data sheets, code) it will be hard to help you.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,783 Views)

Hello again!

Sorry for the delay.

I attached my Vi.

From this vi I want to trigger the UVPs, so the transducers and UVPs start measuring at the same time.

For that I have to add something in my Vi for digital triggering output. Can you explain me how?

I didn't do the first part of this Vi but now I need to modify it.

I created a start button using an XControl because I don't know how long my experiments will last.

So I want a button to start and finish when I want.

Here I only have two channels but I will have 16 for my experiments.

Thanks in advance!

Timmer

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,710 Views)

I read the UVP manual. 

So the signal that UVPs receive could be positive or negative (external trigger TTL signal, 0-5V) from BNC connector at the back plate of UVP-DUO.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,707 Views)

Here is my last version.

I can't connect the pulse generation to the DAQ Assistant2, which I configured with digital output.

I just want to generate one pulse.

Am I doing correctly?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,702 Views)