LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger issues

Hello everyone,

I want to perform a calculation only during a lapse of time.

I can't still connect to my acquisition system so I used signal simulators. My issue is the following:

the triggers are not good when I go up in frequency ... I explain!

- trigger on rising edge: works up to a square signal of 10Hz, beyond, it remains stuck at 1 ... I do not know why

- Zero crossing Detection: operates up to a sinusoid of 49Hz, does not work at 50Hz but seems to work again at 51Hz ....

I searched on the internet but I do not understand what I did wrong!

I put the code in attachment.

if you could help me that would be cool 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,630 Views)

Express VIs are a crutch!  The cynics among us would say that NI created them to fool Students into thinking "LabVIEW is Easy, I don't need to think, I don't need to understand what the routines are doing, but can make complicated things by wiring Express VIs together".

Whenever you have more than one Express VI in a Block Diagram, you invariably also get the (awful) Dynamic Data Wires, which further complicate things by hiding too many details, and vastly complicating the interaction of signals.

Go find the excellent series of NI Tutorials about DAQmx.  You'll know you've found the right set if you see as one of the items "Learn 10 Functions in NI-DAQmx and Handle 80 Percent of your Data Acquisition Applications" (it's such a good article that I know its title by heart!).  Read the earlier articles first, but this one is your Real Friend ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,542 Views)