LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger for array with complex numbers

Hello,

I was trying to use trigger and gate to trigger an array with complex numbers. However, it seems that this VI can only deal with real values. The question is that, is it possible for this VI to output the index of the start trigger? Or is there any method to trigger a complex array?

Below is a part of my VI. You can see a red spot appears when I tried to meet the requirements of “trigger and gate” VI.

Many thanks!

chenyj9_0-1692868896049.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(474 Views)

Hi chenyj,

@chenyj9 wrote:

Below is a part of my VI. You can see a red spot appears when I tried to meet the requirements of “trigger and gate” VI.

The coercion dot appears at the ToDDT function: it doesn't know about waveforms of CDB samples… (Its icon clearly shows a [DBL] input!)

@chenyj9 wrote:

Or is there any method to trigger a complex array?

Please define your "trigger" using simple math/expressions: can you give us a formula to describe the required "trigger"?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(438 Views)

Thanks for the quick reply. The trigger is used to find the rising edge of a complex pulse signal. I found that the " Basic Level Trigger Detection vi" is able to output signal location (index), so I will first try this.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(415 Views)

Hi chenyj,

@chenyj9 wrote:

The trigger is used to find the rising edge of a complex pulse signal.

Can you explain the term "complex pulse signal" with an example?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(403 Views)

The “complex pulse signal” is actually a PSK modulated signals received from a transceiver. Anyway, now I use the power of the signals as the input for the trigger vi to find the trigger index, and successfully use this index to extract data from the received signals.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(392 Views)