LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger a signal

1. Why do you have a for loop enclosing everything when it only runs once? Do not use the Run Continuously button to run your VI.  Replace the for loop with a while loop and add a Stop button to stop the loop.

2. The way you have Simulate Signal set up you get 100000 samples of a signal generated at 1000000 samples per second.  This is a fraction of a cycle at 1-3 Hz.

3. The property nodes which never change should be written once outside the loop rather than every time the loop iterates.  Rewriting all that formatting may have something to do with the flickering.

4. The Bundle and Unbundle (Dati Segnale) is not needed.  Just wire straight through.

5. If you do not have a Timeout case in the event structure, you do not need to wire anythign to the timeout terminal. If you do need a timeout, 1 millisecond makes no sense in a loop that takes 100 ms or more to run.

6. It is better to wire data directly thatn to use Value property nodes. Selettore Frequenza and Moltiplicatore Frq are examples.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(214 Views)

Thanks for the suggestions, but this vi is called as a Sub-Vi (2 clones) in the main program that have the oscilloscope and a while loop where call 2 istance of this function generator so i can't put a while loop in the function generator vi, i have deleted the for loop. The flickering issue now don't occure anymore, but if i put the signal in the Trigger and Gate vi of Labview at low Hertz the waveform flickering appear. I'm thinking to low the frequency range to 10 Khz so i can put 200 thousand of samples (labview say that 200k is too much). Here the code if you want to see the wavefor you must use it as a sub-vi, but you know it 😛

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(208 Views)