LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring Multi-Channel Data of different types in DMA Applications

Hello I am a beginner in Labview,

In my FPGA VI, I would like to buffer different types of data into a DMA FIFO. I m using a cRIO-9114 and recording data at a high frequency using NI 9215 AI module (to record a pressure) and NI 9411 DI module (TTL signal of a torque meter).

The torque meter will output a squared signal from 60kHz (-500Nm) to 420kHz (500Nm) and I'm counting the number of FPGA ticks to detect100 risign edges of this signal to obtain the frequency. I set the frequency as a U32. The pressure signal will be buffered as raw data and is FXP<+-,20,5>.

I have to record 7200 elements for each of those signals (pressure and frequency). I tried to use two FIFOs first but the memory of the FPGA was at 133% use. I don't know alternatives to transfer multiple datatypes with a limited memory size.

I know that Multi-channelling data in DMA Application should be done with the same data type... But I see only the solution in which I have to build an array with two different datatypes and then tranfser it into DMA Write. But, I am not able to find a solution without precision loss or data missmatch at the entrance of the DMA FIFO.

Can someone help me?

Kind regards,

Victor

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(503 Views)

You could make the FIFO sizes smaller.  You may be using resources in other places that could be cut.

Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified Professional Instructor
ALE Consultants

Introduction to LabVIEW FPGA for RF, Radar, and Electronic Warfare Applications
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(483 Views)