LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring Data between Analog Read and Analog Write Loop

In my program, I am reading pressure transducer data from a analog input. The pressure data needs to be input to another while loop which is analog output. The two loops are running at a different frequencies. The read running slower than the write. The analog output is variable and depends on the analog input. I have set up a case structure that helps determine the analog output according to different ranges of the input. What would be the best way to transfer data between these two loops. I am thinking either notifiers or local variables. The read loop would already determine the case, just need to choose the same case in the write loop. I have attached what I think the loops would look like with local variables. I am just wondering what the better way to do this would be since the loops are running at different speeds.

Thanks,

Harsh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,901 Views)

Since the Write loop only cares about the latest value, I would just use a Global Variable.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,880 Views)

Yes, the global variable looks like a good option, I used it using a simple numeric control instead of pressure data and it seemed to work. But using a notifier caused issues as I think the the case would switch to default in the increments where no notifications were being received.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,875 Views)