LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer data constantly from labview to excel file?

I have two labview programs on two different computers: one of them constantly sends patient data to the other one via TCP connection, and I want the information that is received to be saved in an excel file, in the order it gets. For example: (on the first column) at 10 am patient 1 is healthy, (on the second column of excel), at 11 am patient 1 is unhealthy... So I'd need a for loop that, depending, on how many times it's received data, it sends the data to the corresponding to each column in excel? or am I wrong? how could i do it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,525 Views)

To clarify:  Are you asking "How do I save data to an excel file?" , or are you asking "What program architecture could I best use to recieve data via TCP/IP and save it to a file (that just happens to be Excel)?"

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,523 Views)

A related question (since there is a lot of confusion due to "fuzzy terminology") is what do you mean by "Excel"?  Do you mean a delimited text file (such as a .csv) that Excel can open, or do you mean a full-fledged Excel-specific file such as a .xls or .xlsx file that more-or-less requires Excel as a "partner" with LabVIEW?  Have you given serious thought to the design of the file (whatever the format), as well as to the design of the program itself?  Can you show some preliminary code (please, attach VIs, not pictures)?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,475 Views)