LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer array from Labview VI to FPGA VI

I am trying to transfer the data in an array from a Labview VI into an array in a LVFPGA VI. The point of this is that I'm reading from a text file and my FPGA will use the information in this text file. However, the text files are big and I don't want to have to fill out the array on the FPGA side by hand. I'm using scripting and the get/set control methods with invoke nodes. This works fine when my array is transfered to a VI that is a regualr VI (not a FPGA VI) but it doesn't do anything when it is a FPGA VI. It does not matter if the array on the FPGA VI is fixed or not fixed.

I've attached a few files with my code. Those with LVFPGA will have to create their own FPGA VI.... sorry about that.

Thank in advance.

Code.png

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,023 Views)

I don't understand what you are trying to say.  Are you trying to set this array at run-time or at edit time?

An FPGA VI is compiled into actual hardware to run on the FPGA.  So there is no front panel or block diagram.  You need to send the data down a DMA FIFO for the FPGA to read.

If this is at edit time, just copy the data in the array (Right-click, Data Operations->Copy Data) and paste it in the array of the FPGA (right-click, Data Operations->Paste Data).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,009 Views)