LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer an image

Hello, I'm a student for physics and we had one experiment envolving LabView program.

On this experiment I chose to try to transfer an image from a LED to photodiode, so what I did is converted the image to grayscale, and creating a pixel-matrix. later, I've reshaped the matrix to one vector and with the help with my experiment tutor (I've never learned or used LabView) we have send the vector with the LED from different locations on the optical rail.

My goal now is to figure how the signal decays with the distance, and I got now the time-voltage vectors. 

Do you have an idea how can I get the transferred vector? I've try using the voltage vector but that doesn't work.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,471 Views)

LabVIEW is (literally) a Laboratory Visual Instrument Engineering Workbench, that is, a software method for building Instruments capable of acquiring data, manipulating data, controlling equipment/switches/devices, etc.

You would not ask someone for help in getting your electrical circuit to work properly without showing them a circuit schematic, nor ask why the design for a new airplane "wouldn't fly" without providing a blueprint for the design.

Similarly, for help with a LabVIEW "Virtual Instrument" (compare the proper capitalization of LabVIEW with the bolded letters in the first sentence, above), we cannot provide much help without being able to examine all of the LabVIEW code (meaning all of the VIs you are using, best done by compressing the file holding your Project and attaching the resulting .zip file).  It would also greatly help to know what devices you are using to acquire your data and to display it, including how you output it to the "optical rail" (a new term, for me).

Does anyone on your team know LabVIEW?  Have you had any training in LabVIEW?  Is there someone at your school who could serve as a Mentor for your team?  [I've tried to make myself available to our Engineering students, but "getting the word out" can be difficult with everyone so excited about Arduino and Python ...]

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,449 Views)