LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Traduction: Import string in a vi

Hello

I have a problem to use the import string programmaticly in my application for create a traduction system.
I 'm french and my english is not very good.

I want to create a traduction system to my application.
I try to use the import string function programmaticly but I have an error message: "not in run-mode".
So I want to call a vi in my application, I want to see this vi front panel, I want to use In-Out for this vi and before I want to traduct this vi with import string.

Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,529 Views)
Damien,

First, in LabView Help, about "Import VI Strings Method", at the end appears: " Settable when the VI is running NO ", so here is the explanation for your error message...

Anyway, recently I had to make something similar, and searching here i found a couple of ideas to perform this task... At first the solution using subVIs, seemed good to me, but it had some issues and complications... finally i implemented the solution using a very simple structure that it had better performance to do this. Consists in change the "captions" of the controls or indicators and change directly the text of the strings. To implement this quickly, i recommend to use "property node" of the variables and a simple event to detect the "value change" of the "Language control Butt
on". Also you can define several idioms by changing a list. The list can contain the words separated by bar spaces (for example). Resuming, the idea is to create a list with the words (which can be read from a file...), a button control Language, a event to handled de property nodes of the variables and displays. there are a few others details to improve this idea, and i know that there are others ways, but this works perfect and it is easy to implement.

Hope this help.

Regards,
JFT
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,529 Views)
Thanks JFT

But I want add a new langage to my application whitout programming my Vi. If I want traduct my software in Portuguese, I want change all my string in Portuguese in the "export string" file and run my application. It's all.

In your solution, I must add strings in portuguese in my Vi programmaticly.

Damien
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,529 Views)