From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking time on each section of code

Hello all,

I am running a loop in real-time, and it seems like the loop is taking a very very long time running something (each loop is clocking in at 12sec, where as it used to run at 10ms). I need to know what it taking so long. How do I find out? Thanks.

2011-06-21_103020.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,078 Views)

Bladhart,

There are a couple of things you can do. If you have the Real Time Execution Trace Toolkit you can see what parts of the VI are running. You can alos benchmark sections of the code. There is a good example built into LabVIEW. Under Find examples>Toolkits and Modules>Real-Time>Benchmarking.

You can also use the VI analizer (if you have it installed) or use the Timing and Performance manager under the tool>profile drop down menu. 🙂 I would recommend the RTETT if possible, You can also do some comparisons of Get Time and date in seconds at various points throughout the code to see how long sections are taking and then dividing and conquring the code.

I hope this helps 🙂

Sam S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,049 Views)