LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tortoise SCN SCC- revision update

Quite a useful method of controlling the versions of source code I would say it is- I mean using tortoise svn.

I started using it recently and quite happy with it. As I am the begineer, I tend to be careful so have done SVN commit quite a few times. Consequently, I see variety of different numbers against files in repository. I wonder if it is possible to now put them all against the same revison number so me and my colleague could start working on a fresh working directory containing all files with the same revision number- wont mind even if the revision number is 1 for each file.

Also I wonder if it possible to release this project folder from repository once we have finished so we could import new project folders into repository?

Kind Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,035 Views)

How can you praise using version control and then want to throw it all away?

The Subversion version numbering means absolutely nothing to your code.  You shouldn't care about any of it.  If you're keeping it simple, all your colleague has to do is checkout the latest rev and you have the same code.  As you work, each will commit and update to keep the two copies of code in sync.  If you tell Subversion ot get rev 6, that's rev 6 of the repo, so it will get the snapshot of the working directory for that rev.  That may include rev 1 of some files.

If you have access ot your server, you can delet a repo, but why would you?  The whole point of having a repo is continued use.  You can create a new repo, or create a new diretcory for a new project.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,032 Views)