From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Torque display not appearing - Windows 2000 Professional

Good Morning All

We have a labview application for bearing press & in that torque display is not appearing on labview screen

Pl find below the obserations :

• There  are 7 segment Load and Torque indicators(both calibrated), we can very well see correct Load and Torque displays on respective indicators
  • There is an interface PCB between 7 segment Torque indicator unit and NI card no. 99-1704 Ver 2.0 on PCI slot of the PC, current in mA is found OK at terminals on that interface board
  • We suspect one of the channles for decoding torque has gone bad in NI card, hence torque display is not getting updated in Labview - pl let us know if this observation is correct
  • Please let us know source of this card, preferably in India or elsewhere for procurement

Warm Regards

Rishi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,713 Views)

"not appearing" is rather vague.  Do you mean the control/indicator doesn't appear at all?  Do you mean the value is always an unexpected value (like 0)?

You're giving us a very small piece of the picture and asking us to confirm your guess.  That's dangerous.  With the little bit of information we see, that's entirely reasonable.  But, that's only because you believe that's the case so you've only given us the evidence that supports this claim and nothing else.

With something running on Windows 2000, I'd estimate the hardware itself is somewhere around 10-20 years old.  It might be a bit unreasonable to expect it still exists for sale.  You can search for what it's called on google to see if either NI or a third party sell it.  I'd use the actual name rather than a part number as I'd expect third parties to use something like PCI-6314 before a part number.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,682 Views)

I'll add that sometimes a third party will buy the manufacturing rights to old hardware from companies going out of business, then manufacture and sell them at a premium price, so you may be in luck.

I guess Bob already mentioned this.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,663 Views)