LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To run two independent application installers

Hi,

I got a requirement to run two independent application installers in a separate labview project when user calls that particular installer name in my vi.

I wouId like to explain it with a simple example for better understanding:

1. I have two application installers created for doing addition and multiplication

2. I have saved these builds with the name Addition.Exe and Multiplication.Exe

3.so now i need to create one more lLABVIEW project which runs either of  the installers when user selects any one of the Exe from the front panel of the vi

So do anyone have any knowledge on how to implement above requirement for running one installer at a time from the enum control input?

Attached file has front panel of the vi which provides options for the user to select particular installer name. Depending on the installer selected by the user i need to run that exe

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,032 Views)

Hi Sahan,

so you want to decide which EXE to run, based on that enum input?

What have you learned in the LabVIEW basics training on "how to create decisions" in your VIs? (Ever heard of a case structure?)

To run an EXE you could use the SysExec function…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,002 Views)

Hi GredW,

Thanks for the information

I have used case structures but never used sysExec function till now. I there any example code on how to run/launch a different exe for example in my case addition exe in a vi using this sysexe function?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(993 Views)

Hi Sahan,

SysExec expects a path for the EXE you want to run.

What is your problem to provide the path to those two executable you want to run?

Did you do any of those "Training resources" offered in the header of the LabVIEW board?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(990 Views)

Hi GredW,

I have tried using the same function and provided the path but i am getting some error.

so does this function requires any input other than path of the exe?

Thanks,

Sahana

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(987 Views)

Hi Sahan,

did you read the LabVIEW help for this function?

Do you know the difference between the "command line" input and the "working directory" input?

Why do you wire your command to the "working directory" input?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(982 Views)

Thank you Gred,

Now i am able to run both exe as per the user selection.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(976 Views)