cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To get impulse response from 8753ES VNA

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi guys,

I am a newbie in Labview.  I operated the 8753ES VNA following the below steps to get impulse response.

System (Hardkey) >> Transform Menu (Softkey) >> Low pass Impulse response

Recently I tried to use 8753ES instrument driver to develop a front panel in Labview but I couldn't get it.

I will appreciate if somebody can give a help.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,822 Views)
Since no one has access to your c drive, your images are not viewable. Attach them just like you did the png.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,809 Views)

Well, Dennis has a good point that we can't see your images, but even if we could, could you better elaborate?

What do you mean you are trying to develop a front panel with an instrument driver? You are just having troubles making controls that go to the instrument VIs? If you could explain a little more, we could probably help you a little more 🙂

Message Edited by Chris_VH on 03-06-2009 09:52 AM
Chris Van Horn
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,787 Views)

Thanks, Dennis and Chris!

I think I didn't describe my problem clearly, but I fixed the part of syntax errors last night. Please refer to the .png file where I circled it, but I would like to know if I can improve my codes more efficient for this example.

What I am trying to do is to collect the data of impulse response and frequency response simultaneously. Thus, I modified the VI (HP8753 Collect and Display Data.vi) in the 8753ES instrument driver to make this module save data in the same file when I run it in a loop. I also made another sub VI do the same thing. I know it is a sort of stupid but if I use the same sub VI twice, I won't be able to save them individually. Please refer the file 8753measurement.vi. However, it sometimes shows me error code (–1073807339:Timeout expired before operation completed). I am still debugging it. Do you have any suggestions?

By the way, I forgot to say that I saved both data (impluse response and frequency response) in different files but somehow I found the data of impulse response that exist in the file of frequency response.

Initial condition:

Loop:10

Delay time:30000ms

Format: log magnitude

Data type: 6 formatted data

Result:

After 10 time measurement, I found the data in the wrong place twice.  

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,772 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author yveshsu

Hi

If you have collected the impulse response, you may apply the FFT function to this result, and get the frequency respons. It is quite simple se this picture http://forums.ni.com/ni/attachments/ni/170/391616/1/sample.PNG . But I guess your job is to download this information from the AGILENT 8753ES Smiley Wink

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,758 Views)