From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tip Strip

Hi,

Can i change the background or text colors of a tip strip???

Are the tip strips visibles in a remote panel in a webrowser?? Can this be done?

Message Edited by IDILIO on 01-25-2007 05:40 AM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,116 Views)
Hi Idilio,

The "Tip strip" 's color cannot be change. But you can get them in a webbrowser, just follow the common way to launch front panel into a webrowser and ensure that the option related to the tip strip is checked (into tools>>options>>web server).

Best Regards,
BRAUD Jean-Philippe
Field Sales Engineer - Nord et Centre France
LabVIEW Certified Developper
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,080 Views)

"...the option related to the tip strip is checked (into tools>>options>>web server)"

I can't find that option....

At the webserver configuration options i don't see any tip strip option.... i just can find them on the environement options and that is checked.

And the tip is ok in the LV environment, only on the webrowser isn't visible.

This in LV 8.2

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,073 Views)
Idilio,

the background color of tip strips CAN be changed, but not directly in LabVIEW. LabVIEW uses the tips strips directly from the OS. So if you wish to change the color, just open the displaysettings of your OS. In Windows XP, you have to switch to "Appearance" then press "Advanced". In the following dialogue, you can select "ToolTip" and change the color. This will immediatly affect LV.
Please note that tip strips are only displayed in LV, if you enabled them in LV (default) AND didnt change the default settings of the OS (should be ON).

hope this helps,
Norbert B.
Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,069 Views)

Hi everyone,

Sorry, my mistake 😄

Regards,

BRAUD Jean-Philippe
Field Sales Engineer - Nord et Centre France
LabVIEW Certified Developper
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,056 Views)
Your mistake?

But Now i don't understand if it's possible to see the tip strip in the webrowser or not, and if yes where is the option to turn them ON.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,037 Views)
Idilio,

i think he is excusing himself regarding the color-thing.
What browser are you using? Is it possible, that the browser itself supresses the tooltip?

regards,
Norbert
Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,021 Views)

I m using Internet explorer version: 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158

But you don't need any special option to enable that in the browser?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,016 Views)