LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timing visibility of picture control

Solved!
Go to solution
I am trying to control 3 picture controls in my program. I would like to make one visible, then hidden, make the second visible then hidden and so on. Each on off would have to be timed. I tried setting up a flat seq structure and wiring a boolean to the visible property node of each picture control but it doesnt ever seem to turn it off and make it not visible. Thanks in advance for help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,814 Views)

Hi icemaker,

you can build an array with the references of all your picture controls. Use a for loop to run through this array and set the option like you need it. If your picture controls overlayed, then make only one visible at the time.

Hope it helps.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,811 Views)

Mike,

Bare with me because I am fairly new to Labview. The references you mention, are these the references I already made to the visibility? Also do I wire them to a 'build array' then put the array it makes inside of the loop itself?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,803 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author icemaker

Hi icemaker,

yes it sounds good. See the attached example, it works with leds but technically it's the same.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,799 Views)
That works just right. How can I make it automatically cycle through and then repeat? I tried wiring a timing to the i for the loop but it doesnt seem to work.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,781 Views)

Hi icemaker,

do you mean like this?

Mike

Message 6 of 7
(2,771 Views)

Exactly! Thanks a million. I was trying to take value out of the timer itself instead of using it the correct way. Thanks again. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,763 Views)