LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timing option

Hello,
I am completely new to labview but allready developed a VI and got it to run. I am using it for finite data aquisition. In my VI I click a run button to gather data, save to save it etc... as you can see from my front panel. I would like to add a timing option to when I click run. i.e I would like to have the option to run the aquisition for an amount I specify, or run it until I stop it. Should I implement this in the initialize state of the state machine, or shall i add some timing to the while loop in the run state, and how would be the best way to do it?

Thank you
Alloush
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,374 Views)

Hello Alloush!

In this case you can ask only few samples continuosnly.

But yes, you must initialise with that.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,364 Views)

Hi Alloush,

Thanks for posting on the NI forums!

As Carmo has noted you will most likely need to include the setup of your DAQ task in a 'setup' or 'initialise' state seperate to your 'run' state. As to the exact ins and outs of what you need to do to implement this will depend on what functionality/behaviour you would like to get out of your application.

By my understanding you are looking to present your users a choice between continuous acquisition, i.e. acquire until they hit a stop button; and a finite acquisition with an option to abort the process, i.e. acquires data and will cease only when a certain number of datapoints have been acquired or when an 'abort' button is pressed. Is this correct? If I have mis-read your description then please let me know.

Thanks,

Rob

National Instruments | Northern California
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,292 Views)