LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timing and Saving

Hi Everyone,

Would using a simple state machine be the best way to aquire data with the user specifying the amount of time to aquire data for , before saving to a file, or would using a timed while loop be the best solution. Attached is a snapshot of the VI I want to impliment timing and file saving on.

Thank you
Alloush
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,276 Views)
Hi Alloush,

It sounds like you want to do a finite acquisition, so I don't see why you need a state machine. You would have a while loop, that can setup the time required for the acquisition and then have the DAQmx "thread" in a case structure so that when you want to acquire you just press a "Go" button or something of the like. This will let you read for the set time period you have set up the finite acquisition time for and then once the acquisition has finished the loop will run around again so you can start the acquisition again.

Regards
JamesC
NIUK and Ireland

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,245 Views)
Thank you for your answer, when you say DAQmx thread do you mean to put the whole thing inside a case structure and leave the while loop I have as it is but just add some timing to it.

Thank you
Alloush
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,235 Views)