From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timer Question

I want to take a countdown timer so that when the operator hits stop and then resumes it, it adds "X" amount of time to the timer and then continues counting down 

Example: start time set to 120 seconds, when the timer is stopped at 80 seconds and resumed 60 seconds would get added and the timer would start counting down from 140 seconds.

I have a functioning countdown timer VI, im just not sure the best way to add this function. I also would like to add a reset to reset it to the initial set time.

Thoughts?

THAKE626_0-1578411328472.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,947 Views)

@THAKE626 wrote:

I want to take a countdown timer so that when the operator hits stop and then resumes it, it adds "X" amount of time to the timer and then continues counting down 

Example: start time set to 120 seconds, when the timer is stopped at 80 seconds and resumed 60 seconds would get added and the timer would start counting down from 140 seconds.

Store your set time in a shift register.  If the pause button is pressed, you can add 60 to it.  You can do something similar with the reset button.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,934 Views)