LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeout error (code 6101) for acquisition from MODBUS instrument

The use of RS485 will improve noise immunity but it is not 100% noise immune. Common mode rejection ratio of differential amplifiers are frequency dependent and the higher the noise frequency the less they get rejected by the differential amplifier. I will suggest you try to put a spy on you port and see what data are you actually receiving back as an answer.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,636 Views)

Hi everybody,

I had the same issue and I have sought for a while...

As long as the communication is not subjected to REAL TIME communication protocols, the problem will subsist. Rise up the time response and detect a time out can help...

That is all 😉

Have a great time...

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(1,487 Views)

Hello,

you mentioned in your post "Don't forget to wire up your error wires!"

i would like to know what does it do to wire up the errors?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(622 Views)

is it just to avoid  the popup message?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(621 Views)

@igohilandi wrote:

is it just to avoid  the popup message?

Hi, @igohilandi,

For context, here's the post you mentioned.

@RavensFan wrote:

Are you getting popup error messages for this timeout?  Don't forget to wire up your error wires!  Don't use a shift register but just regular tunnels for the error wire otherwise if an error happens once, it will prevent the modbus read/write from ever executing properly again.

If @RavensFan had just wanted to avoid the popup message, he could have recommended that the OP disable Automatic Error Handling. This would remove the message without any additional effort.

Instead, I believe @RavensFan is recommending* that the OP follow good practice for Error Handling, which involves dealing with errors rather than letting them popup at every occurrence.

For more information, you can look at these resources:

https://www.ni.com/getting-started/labview-basics/handling-errors

https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361R-01/lvconcepts/error_checking_and_error_handling/

-joeorbob

*If I am wrong and @RavensFan wants to correct me, he may do so with my good will. 😉

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(597 Views)