cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TimeStamp when boolean light turns true

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I wanted to have a timestamp to indicate the date and time whenever my boolean time turns true... I am having a hard time wrapping my head around implementing a time string whenever my boolean light turns on. Any tips to implement this?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,185 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kepham

What is the purpose of your shift register?  All it does is delay the boolean light until the next iteration.

When you want something to happen when a condition is TRUE, put it in the True case of a case structure.

I would recommend you learn more about LabVIEW from here. How to Learn LV

Message 2 of 6
(1,151 Views)

Hi kepham,

@kepham wrote:

whenever my boolean time turns true...

Any tips to implement this?

When you want to detect changes of boolean states then you should use the Pt-By-Pt-BooleanCrossing function…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 3 of 6
(1,127 Views)

Hi,

Thank you!

I corrected the vi with a case structure, and the light turns on when it hit the true condition, thank you, however my true intention is to display a time string that shows the date and time the light turns on.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,086 Views)

Once again, I overlooked the solution, I added the get time/date string inside the case structure. Thank you so much to you both.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,084 Views)

It isn't proper to mark your own thank you message as the solution to your problem.  You didn't solve your own problem.  You should mark the one or more messages that provided the solution to you.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,051 Views)