LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to close TDMS file

Hello,

I am currently logging files using a cRIO with file sizes between 50 and 100 MB.  At times it may take upwards of two minutes to close the logging operation.

Is this normal?  Is there anything that I can do to speed up this operation?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,696 Views)

Hello Eric,

It does not look to be normal. Some file operations on cRIOs could be affected when there are several files in the folder (hundreds). Transferring the files via FTP and cleaning up the folder could help in the execution speed of this operation.

Please let me know if this is your case.

Regards,

MCOTO

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,672 Views)
MCOTO,

I don't believe this is the cause. I am logging on the cRIO C drive and transferring the file to the USB drive. I leave the files on until a power cycle, at which point I clean the folder. I never exceed more than 15 or so files.

Any other ideas?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,668 Views)

It doesn't look normal for me either, can you attach your program? So that we can have a look.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,659 Views)

I've attached two files.  LogModule.vi is the master logging module where I initialize the TDMS file, log the majority of data, close the file and move afterward.  AuxLogModule.vi operates at a slower rate, where I log the performance of the cRIO to a separate page on the same TDMS file.  When I call to close the logging operation, the LogModule.vi will wait until it receives a signal from AuxLogModule.vi that it is finished.  The hangup happens in the "Close" state.

Let me know if something stands out.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,637 Views)

Having troubles attaching...

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,634 Views)

Wouldn't removing the Defragmentation step speed up your operation? That can always be done later.

Data Science Automation

CTA, CLA, CLED
SHAZAM!
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,622 Views)

The TDMS Degragment function inside youe "close" state is time consuming. You can skip it in your logging process and do it seperately if necessary.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,601 Views)