LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time scale on 3D graph

Hi, I'm having major problems converting the axis on my 3D curve from seconds into proper time. I've tried everything but nothing seems to work. I've attached a very shortened version of my code.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,701 Views)
Hi,
if by proper time you mean the seconds relative to start, you should subtract the initial seconds to all array elements. See modifications.
Hope it helps,
Alberto
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,701 Views)
Hi
Thanks for your reply. Its not really what I was looking for but thanks for the suggestion. I need to convert the array of seconds into time and date and display it on the 3D curve. At the moment it only displays seconds and won't convert to time/date. Any further suggestions???
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,701 Views)
Hi again,
I think I found a solution:
-right click on the graph, select CWgraph3D/property
- Click on the Format tab and select YAxis
- Select date format and the format that you want
Now you can input the time values in Y to be displaied on the graph.
The problem is that the 3D graph has a date/time start reference at the date 12/30/1999 00:00.00; while LV has 01/01/1904 00:00.00
Another important thing is that the format for the date/time input for a 3D graph has to be expressed in days (NOT in seconds)since the reference date.
Therefore you have to subtract from your time values in seconds the number of seconds between 12/30/1999 00:00.00 and 01/01/1904 00:00.00 (use LV time functions for calculation); then divide all by 86400 (number of s
econds/day).
Hope it helps, good job anyway!
Alberto
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,701 Views)
Hi Alberto
yipee it worked, thanks a million, it was driving me crazy, so now my graph looks lovely and pretty thanks to you,
Mary.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,701 Views)