LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Lapse and Excel

Hello,

I am a beginner in Labview and I am trying to get data from a load cell and export them to excel file after I stop. It can be also a text file..

In the attached photo, I am not getting any file. If I insert the <<Write to Measurement File>> in the loop, then I am getting the measurements but just the voltage without time and for just 100 data points.

I need all the data from time 0 to time X...

Thank you,
Alex

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,888 Views)

Basic dataflow principles.

I would recommend looking at the online LabVIEW tutorials
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Three Hours
Learn LabVIEW

Data doesn't leave the loop until it stops, which means only the data from the last iteration is at the tunnel.  If you put the Write to Measurement file in the loop, you'll have better luck.  But it is hard to tell for sure since rather than an actual VI, you attached a picture of two Express VI's.  We can't see how they are configured behind the scenes.

Are you and johng1996 in the same class?  Seems like he is trying to do the same thing as you.  https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/DAQ-Assistant-only-saves-every-2-seconds/m-p/3982475#M1136724  Perhaps you two should work together.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,871 Views)

Thanks, I sent him a message. Attached you can find my code..I need to add a Timing ..should it be just a <<Get Date/Time>>?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,862 Views)

I suggest you look at the the various options you can configure in the Write to Measurement file.  Some relate to time.  Some relate to whether the current file is constantly being overwritten!

And as I told him, you'll be better off and learn more if you used real DAQmx functions and file functions rather than relying on Express VI's.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,791 Views)