From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thorlabs LC100 camera External trigger configuration

Hi!

Does anyone know how the external trigger configuration of Thorlabs LC100 CCD line camera works?

I am interfacing it via LabView and feeding its trigger a square wave signal but the camera triggers on the edge of the wave instead of triggering in the ON state.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,147 Views)

Uh, that's the definition of a "trigger", something that happens on an edge.  Did you want to trigger on the falling edge?  I'm going to guess that you are not an Electrical Engineer (neither am I), and may not know the terms "gate" and "trigger", and possibly are confusing them ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,107 Views)

Well the problem is that the trigger event happens on both edges. Though the trigger mechanism states that capture occurs at the start of the trigger signal. What I planned to do is have the camera acquisition to be in the image attached. However, the camera captures at both the start and end of the trigger.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,097 Views)

Much more helpful would have been (a) attaching your VI (no pictures, please, just the VI itself) and (if you have it) a PDF of the camera manual.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,080 Views)

Here is my attached VI and the camera manual

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,055 Views)