LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ThorLabs Communication

Yes, I retyped them.

Am I supposed to add in that "TX" that's at the beginning of each example?

Thanks,

SM

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 25
(1,037 Views)

No.  Why do you think that?  Page 12 starts talking about the messages.  it says it always starts with a 6 byte message header.  It never says send a "TX".

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 25
(1,033 Views)

Well I was just basing it off of the example listed below each command. For instance, on page 21, at the bottom of the example it says"TX 23, 02, 00, 00, 21, 01" . I'm just thinking out loud of why it won't work...

Thanks,

SM

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 25
(1,029 Views)

I'm interpreting that as just a human readable form telling you what to transmit.  That also includes commas, but nothing I've read so far says that you should be transmitting commas.

That might be a legitimate string if it was setup to be sending an ASCII-based string of data.  But I don't see that kind of setup described in the manual.

Keep experimenting, you'll get it figured out soon.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 25
(1,023 Views)

I've been experimenting for 3 days now lol... That's why I got on here.

If anyone thinks of any other ideas, please let me know...

Thanks,

SM

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 25
(1,021 Views)

Hello SM

May be you should use Byte Array to String function, instead of Type Cast function when sending data on VISA.

could you try with the function as shown in the attached image?

Also, you can wire an indicator at the output of this function to see what exact command you are sending.

Regards
Freelance_LV
TestAutomation Consultant
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 25
(1,005 Views)

Hi Freelance,

are you sure your "Representation_U8" array constant is set to U8 datatype?

It seems you used I32 accidently…

(If it were U8 you would get the same result from TypeCast as you get from ByteArrayToString!)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 25
(998 Views)

Hey guys,

I tried it with both the Type Cast and the ByteArrayToString and neither of them worked still... The program will like sit there "blocking" on the "VISA Write" fucntion, and won't even let me abort the program.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

SM

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 25
(985 Views)

The program blocking on a VISA Write is a very unusual situation.  I've never seen that happen before and would not be related to the actual data you are sending.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 25
(980 Views)

Raven,

Any suggestions as to what that might be? I've never had issues with LV blocking on any function, much less a serial function.

EDIT: I think it's because I have the terminiation stuff in the "Instr." property node. I will try to get rid of that.

Thanks,

SM

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 25
(976 Views)