LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This Picture Icon: Please Explain

Solved!
Go to solution

So I'm working on a project in which I will be displaying a shematic picture in the background and then display other graphics on top of it. And thanks to some of you guys I've been able to do just that. But now my problem is that I need to change the picture. Right now, the picture is the default Toy Bee that you can see in my VI if you download the attachment here.

I see on the Block Diagram that there is an icon called Image Data, or at least that's what the Context Help calls it. And I'm pretty sure this is where the reference to the Bee picture is located in the Block Diagram because when I delete this Image Data icon, the picture is no longer visible in the Front Panel when I play the VI. However, when I try to access this Image Data icon, there don't seem to be any options for changing the picture that it relates to.

I just need to know how this little icon works is all. The icon I am talking about is circled in red on the screen shot I've attached. The Vi is attached as well.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,704 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ShogunOrta

The icon on the block diagram refers to the icon of the cluster type definition (i.e. the data type of the wire) - it has nothing to do with the data that's stored inside it (the current picture). It's essentially the same as a VI Icon.

To change the data inside the 'Image Data' constant you'll need to either

a) double click the icon to display as data and then edit the data on the block diagram

b) generate a new constant from a control/indicator

c) use the picture VIs (e.g. to load a file from disk) and wire the output of those VIs into the next function instead of using the constant on the block diagram

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,690 Views)