LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thin border/frame around XY-Graph

Hello Community, I need to Display some spectra on a XY-Graph and I redesigned it a bit (just for ergonomic reasons). At first I had two different VIs for different usages (one for measuring single spectras and one for viewing the saved Graphs). I am now in the Process of combining the "View VI" with the "Measuring VI" and i noticed, that the Graph in the latter does not have a thin dark border like the "View VI" (see attached files). This also Shows in the plot legend and makes it a bit hard to look at the plot Icons. This is just a cosmetic Thing i would like to Change but it still bugs me that i cannot seem to find any solution to this. I would be greatfull if anyone has some expierence on this Topic which he is willing to share.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,840 Views)

I'm not sure I see the difference (i.e. the "border") between your two Graphs.  Could some of this be whether or not the Scale Max/Min coincides with a Tick marker (so that the Graph, itself, has a line there)?

Note that if you want a border, you can always put a Decoration (like a Frame) around the Graph.  To keep the Graph and Decoration aligned, you can select both of them and use the tools on the right side of the Block Diagram window to align the Frame and Graph, then use the final "Reorder" tool to "lock" them together so that if you move one, both move together (saves a lot of swearing).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,812 Views)

If I am understanding what you are asking for here, you should be able to mouse over the graph in the plot area until you see the arrow turn to the double ended arrow. Once you have this you can resize the inside area of the graph. You need to be on the plot area of the graph and not on the edge of the graph indicator.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,806 Views)
Thanks for the replies, decorative elements are a great Thing i will use for other things in my application but it did not help my Problem. Resizing sadly did not do the trick either, i'll Play around with scaling in a bit. As you can see on the Image "Graph without borders" the top and the left edge of the graph are slightly framed with a dark gray/black border, whereas the bottom and right edge are just framed by a White border. This is also displayed in the plot Icons of the plot legend. The plot Count is dynamicly changing, depending on the amount of datainput, so manually framing them is not an Option.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,797 Views)

Give us a VI with the two graphs.  Can't provide much help with just pictures.

(Note: "spectra" is the plural of "spectrum".  There is no such word as "spectras"; it's kind of like saying "spectrumses".  I.e it's gollumish.)

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,782 Views)
Ok i just solved it as I played around with the Pipette tool in the VI i was creating for you. As i started the different VIs i wanted to repaint the Background of their graphs from black to white. I did this via the brush tool from the tools palette. In one VI I selected black and white as colors, in the other i selected white two times. I believe that the first color sets the border and the second the actual Background. Thank you so much for your time. If anyone is interesested in how the graphs looked like I am going to upload them anyway.
Message 6 of 6
(2,776 Views)