LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There are x OPC Clients attached to LabVIEW IA OPC Server. Do you still want to quit?

We have encountered a situation where we need to avoid a dialog box that pops up in LabVIEW DSC. When using the LabVIEW DSC Run-Time Engine v6.0.2, The following dialog pops up when shutting down the DSC Engine:

"There is one OPC Client attached to the LabVIEW IA OPC Server. Do you still want to quit?"

This dialog only appears when during shutdown when an OPC client is still connected to the LabVIEW IA OPC server. This OPC Server is the LabVIEW OPC server that is included with LabVIEW DSC. If a client is connected to this server and you shut down the DSC Engine, you get this dialog.

The appearance of this dialog prevents us from automating the startup and shutdown process a
nd is a major problem for our product... it makes automation of the startup/shutdown process impossible.

My Question: Is it possible to avoid this dialog (automatically confirming it) somehow? Perhaps there is an INI setting located somewhere?

Changing the DSC preferences (userErrorDialogs=FALSE, hideShutdownPrompt=TRUE, enableErrorDialog=FALSE) does not affect this dialog since it appears to come from the OPC Server itself and not from LV DSC or the DSC Engine.

Any ideas?

Best regards,
John Paul Osborne
http://www.medicollector.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,297 Views)
John Paul,

I've seen the same and I created a suggestion for the LabVIEW DSC developer to have somehow a user configuration setting to disable this message box.
Tracking CAR number: 2K8AT4E9, just in case you call NI for support.

Otherwise I do not have any idea to workaround it and I assume this dialog comes from the lvopc.dll.

Regards
Roland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,297 Views)
I wonder if there is some kind of underlying service or EXE that I can "kill" before I stop the tag engine. Or maybe there is some way that I can programmatically close that dialog when it opens?
http://www.medicollector.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,297 Views)