LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The network connection was closed by the peer.

hi. I don't understand the words mean
the words is "The network connection was closed by the peer "     it is error 66
thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,854 Views)

@salin wrote:
hi. I don't understand the words mean

How about opening a dictionary?

Assuming you are talking about a TCP connection, it means that you opened the connection on your side and then at some point whatever you have on the other side of the connection terminated it (for example, by using "TCP Close Connection").

If you have any specific problem, you should give more details and maybe some code.

(6,838 Views)
Many thanks for your reply . I want to send an emal with an attachment I use the SMTP Email send file.vi . But when I run it ,it always have mistake.I will show you my program and the mistake.The  mistake 1 is on the windows 2k .  The mistake 2 is on the mistake windows xp
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,829 Views)

Well, I don't have any experience with the email VIs, but the fact that XP doesn't even manage to open the connection causes me to suspect that your firewall may be blocking your communication attempt. The least you should do is make sure that the TCP port you are using is allowed in the firewall. If you have an IT department, you may need to talk to them.

As for the the 2K case, the error message tells you exactly where the error is coming from - a TCP Read function found deep inside the hierarchy. If you go into the hierarchy, you can see that the VI where the error originates is called immediately after sending a command to the server, which may mean that the server refused your command and closed the connection. Inside "SMTP Email Command" is a status VI which you can open and use to see exactly what the data transfer is. You can try using that to see what is happening.

Also, see if you can send an email without an attachment. If you can, maybe the server just won't accept the kind of the attachment you're sending or the way in which you're sending it. Try sending a message with a small simple attachment to see if it goes through.

(6,819 Views)
Thanks for your reply. the send mail.vi is work ,but mime.vi dosen't work, I think it isn't  firewall's mistake.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,810 Views)
An alternative to SMTP is ActiveX.  Try the LLB at this thread:  http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=137340

Of course, this only works if Outlook is installed on the computer.  If you still want to use the SMTP vi, try using SMTP Email Send Message (Small).vi (which should ship with LV I think).  I've used that in applications that email me when certain errors occur, and it works well enough.  Of course, that is on a Win2K machine.

If you are using the default WinXP firewall setup, go to Network Connections, right click on your network connection, and disable the firewall.  If that resolves the #66 warning, then what you'll have to do is (IIRC) set up an exception for the program you are running.
-------------------
Greg
Certifed LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,672 Views)